Sunday, May 26, 2013

Two Suitcases, Two Years

We are official!  Today the King and I were set apart as full time missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  President Basden gave us both very beautiful blessings and blessed we do feel to have felt the spirit of the Lord's presence in that occasion.

This week we will be saying goodbye for a time.  I despise goodbye and prefer to say "see you later".  The good news is that goodbye, I've come to learn, always seems to be followed by hello. I believe this is so even in death.  Months ago we bid fairwell to our dear Spyglass home and neighbors, and said hello to a new home & neighbors.  We bid fairwell to our dear Sequim Bay Ward, and said hello to a new ward.  There were many more goodbyes, the hardest of which I shall not mention because I just cannot.  This week we say "see you later" to our dear town of Sequim and sweet beloved friends & my dear sisters of Na Hula O' Wahini Ilikea.  We will say hello to a new land and new people.  I will love them as I love the people here.

Off to Africa we will go with two suitcases.  What a great exercise I'm excited about, to live with less and love with more, to forget about myself and serve others in whatever way we are needed.  So blessed we have been all our days.  So blessed we feel to have an opportunity to give back.  We will do so with all our hearts, all the while praying for all our dear ones back home.

               Our hearts will be tugged as we leave you but We Will See You Later!

1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know how proud I am of you guys! You are a powerful example to many of us. I know you will be just as blessed as you have been guided!How we will miss you and pray for you! Andrea too! What a wonderful family you are!!
    Paula :)

    ReplyDelete