Saturday, November 16, 2013

Aunt Shirley has joined my Dad in Heaven

                                Yesterday my very sweet Aunt Shirley passed away.

Debbie's Dad                           Chris's Sister, Tamara                            Debbie's Aunt Shirley                     
These dear family members have passed away all in the last few weeks.  They lived good lives and their final years were filled with illness and suffering.  We miss them, but I can only feel happy for the reunion they are having in their new heavenly home.

I wrote a poem when my Grandmother passed away:

                          AGELESS
                                               by Debbie King

I shall always remember my Grandmother dear
Sweet memories she's made for us year after year.

She's been so much older than I, here on Earth
But only because of the time of her birth
For someday I shall stand by her side once again
Not as youth next to elderly but long time friend.

See we're all young in heaven.  That's what we've been told
Though there's something so special about a person who's old.
We shall leave age to other worlds planning to be
As we all will take on immortality.

I can't wait to see my sweet grandmother dear
We'll be youthful together year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment