Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ukutula

Ukutula (Zulu for "place of quiet") is a lion preserve where they rescue animals who have lost a mother or who a farmer finds in his field and is going to kill them.  They had some meerkats and 3 baby wart hogs they'd just rescued. Isn't it great that there are caring people like that!

Ukutula also breeds white lions!  They are trying to preserve the gene before it is extinct.    Anyway the place is cool because the guide takes you on a walk WITH lions!!  And you get to hold baby lions!

Aaaaahhh I Love this photo!
I was aiming through a chain link fence at the white lions when their food truck went by and as they all looked up I snapped the photo!!  Isn't it so pastoral!!  Someday in the future Millennial day, I shall have lions in my front yard.










Click to enlarge and see the two Horn-bills!
Not a bad perch right? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment