Sunday, September 21, 2014

Baboons, Branches & Beauty

So do I have a story for you!!!  Saturday Chris & I were in the Drakensburg Mts taking our Pday because it is near where we had our meetings.  We were in the bathroom getting ready for the day when I heard someone in our room.  I said to Chris "I think someone is in our room, can you hear that?"  He said it was probably just outside in the hall.  But we heard it again, loud and clear, rustling bags.  My heart was beating fast as I was certain the sound was not outside...Just then Chris shouts "BABOON!!"  as it was climbing back out the window!!  ha ha!!!  The Baboon had come in through our window, sauntered over to the counter where we had two apples, picked them up and monkey walked back over to the window and climbed out!!  Isn't that the awesomest thing ever!!!  I LOVE that it happened ha ha ha!!  I've been laughing ever since!!  Only wish I'd had the camera in hand!

We saw the sign but....

Today we had an assignment to speak in a branch and also hold a branch council after church.  The Branch President has a young son who is doing poorly in the hospital with leukemia & so he wasn't there today.  Sadly communication failed and his councilors were absent as well.  We all sat in the chapel singing along with the prelude music being played on CD's waiting and wondering where the presidency was.  Finally young Elder Brown called a councilor and was instructed to go ahead and conduct the meeting.  He did a wonderful job!  Elder Brown also confirmed five people who were baptized this past week.

Elder Jensen and Elder Brown

Just before sacrament meeting began Elder Brown mentioned to us that last Sunday it was announced that we (Elder King & I) would be doing a combined RS / Priesthood meeting during the last hour.  We hadn't heard anything about that but we told him that was fine and we would do it.  So it was quite a Sunday!

It continually amazes me how the Lord places us where we need to be, to do what needs to be done.  We were needed today and I'm so thankful to be of service to those wonderful members.  They were so warm and loving and we got lots of hugs afterward.   The Lord really does love and care and watch over us.  He Helps us.  We love to help Him.  It's all just beautiful really isn't it!

I have received a deep testimony of Gods tremendous love for us and also the principle of agency.  He has given us so many road signs to help us get home but we don't have to follow them - we can choose.  I have found that following the road signs (commandments) leads us to roads and vistas of grandeur and awe!

In addition to the blessing of service, I saw much beauty this week.  I saw a tree that had purple and white flowers on it...all on the same tree.  Also a pink and white flowered tree!  Amazing!  There were guinea fowl running around the grounds and Chris helped me gather a bunch of their polka dot feathers.  They have black feathers with white polka dots!  I saw a beautiful peacock roosting above our heads as we were walking to our room.  It's long tail feathers hung down with all the eyes looking up into the night sky.  I heard the giants snoring in the woods again  (frogs) and got a recording of it!

I'm thankful for all the Lord's tender mercies and love so clearly manifested in our lives.








No comments:

Post a Comment