Thursday, September 19, 2013

Smell Walking

In the office with Elder & Sister Eppel
Being an office missionary has a downside... it does not give you exercise or vitamin D so we have to force ourselves to exercise.   Chris rocks on the elliptical!!  For me, I get my exercise by smell walking.  Ha ha, that's what I call it because even though the flats all looks the same, there is much variety in the smells.  Mmmm they are wonderful to breath in and then imagine what nationality lives there and what must they be eating etc.  Near flat 120 is most always incense and today 103 was pizza!  Mmmmm but no pizza here is like NY pizza!  (well, actually, no pizza anywhere is like NY pizza)  On the 2nd floor it smelled like a pork roast with rich greasy drippings.  Someone loves to clean in flat 350.  It usually has a delightful smell of clean laundry or sudsy fresh dish soap.  402 is most always curry.  Tucker (Jen's dog) would be so proud of me, sniffing out everyone's dinner. ha ha  I told Jen about it and she described it as a nostril feast.  It's amazingly quiet on all floors but now and then I have discovered that in 405 there is a guitar player who very much imagines himself being a great singer.  He will never be an Andrew King except perhaps in the enjoyment he gets out of it..  So my walk is inside, since we have been advised by our security person that it may not be safe to take a walk outside after work.  I go up and down and across all five floors.  Also - every morning we walk down 8 flights to the parking garage and of course back up at the end of the day.  Hopefully it'll keep the ol' bones from rusting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment