Saturday, September 7, 2013

Singing with the Children

At the orphanage this week, Chris brought his ukulele and we sang songs including "You Are My Sunshine", "Little Grass Shack" & "Pearly Shells".  I taught the kids the hand motions and they LOVED it!  They were so cute.  They don't speak English so it was a bit challenging because I couldn't explain to them what the hand motions meant but they followed along as best they could.  
They then flocked around Chris, wanting a turn to play the ukulele.  They were all smiles and even the baby in a high chair was grinning.  Oh those kids are cute.  I so love them.


The sweetest thing happened as we were leaving the orphanage the last time we were there.  A little boy called out "I love you!"  I was so touched because they don't even know English!  
I love this picture.  One of the missionaries has it hanging on her wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment