Friday, October 4, 2013

A Tribute to my Daddy

This is a picture of me with my Dad on his 80th birthday.

I remember, when I was a little girl,  friends would ring the doorbell and ask if my Dad could play. I think this was not only because he would twirl them around but he smiled and laughed with them and they could feel his love :)

My niece, Sherrie, told of one time when she wanted to go out and play in the snow with her cousins but her mom wouldn't let her because her hair was still wet from having been in the bathtub. Grandpa (my Dad) lovingly took her by the hand upstairs to blow dry her hair & help her get her snowsuit on. :)  That's the kind of person he is.  I could tell you how smart he is - a nuclear scientist with much to boast of but never did he do so.  He is humble & gentle and we love him so.

Wednesday, at the age of 84, Dad stepped through the veil into the joyful welcoming arms of the Savior and of his family on the other side.  It's interesting because as we were in the SLC airport yesterday, I suddenly heard shrieks of happy cheering.  I looked toward the sound and saw a group anxiously reaching out as a young missionary walked toward them into their joyful embrace.  I immediately thought of Dad and how similar that will be to entering our heavenly home.  I believe it will be a feeling of "Ah, home at last".

Chris & I were blessed to spend this past week in Idaho with Mom & Dad before he passed away. I'm so grateful we were able to go.  Dad will be closer to us now than was possible before he passed away.  I love you Daddy.  Thank you for being such a wonderful Dad.  Heaven is a sweeter place now that you are there.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, you are such a wonderfully beautiful person, and your tribute here touches me deeply. Thank you for sharing this. I love you!

    ReplyDelete