Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thank You!

I love Thanksgiving!  At home I loved it because it meant everyone was home for a long weekend and we had yummy left overs all weekend.

I love beginning the Christmas season with a holiday for giving thanks.  I'm thankful that George Washington declared this holiday.  My blessings are too numerous to list but this year I'd like to thank my husband, my children, my siblings and my mother.  I'm grateful they are all a part of my life.  I'm thankful for my Dad and other family who has gone on ahead of us into eternity.

Dear Mom,
Thank you.
Thank you for teaching me to pray when I was small.  It has become a precious part of my life.
Thank you for sharing with me your testimony about tithing.  Tithes have blessed my life through those windows of heaven.
Thank you for Saturday nights when you put my hair in curlers, shined my shoes with vaseline and bought me and Paula pretty "Sunday dresses" with crunchy slips - all in preparation for going to church the next day.  This taught me that the Sabbath day was not an ordinary day - it was special.  It was the Lord's day.  This blesses me even today.
Thank you for waking me up in the mornings, seeing me off to school and then greeting me as we came home from school each day, knowing you were there.
Thank you for family meals - where we ate together, Family Home Evening where we learned together, and family prayer where we prayed together.
All your children have grown up active and strong in the gospel of love...the gospel of Jesus Christ. All live a life of service as has been shown them through your example.  What a great Mom and Dad we children were blessed with!

I love you!

With love,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment