Sunday, December 7, 2014

Harare Zimbabwe

After our meeting with a great bunch of brethren in Zimbabwe!
We met with the financial secretary to the mission president on Friday, spoke at the coordinating council on Saturday and then met with these wonderful brethren from audit committees following the coordinating council. How we admire these brethren.  We then took our Assistant Auditor, Godfrey Matsika, out to lunch and enjoyed a lovely chat.

Notice this lady has a bag in each hand, a baby on her back
and she is carrying a pack of 60 eggs on her head!!!
Now that is true multi-tasking! :)


We gave away 3 Book of Mormons and one was to this beautiful girl, Cecilia.
She was so excited to receive it, she nearly cried.
I love these people so much! We gave away 3 Book of Mormons. One was to a security guard who wanted us to preach the word of God to him. Two went to the two adorable girls working at hotel reception.  They were so joyful that we cared enough about them to give them a gift.

The sweet humility of the African people so touches my heart. I will deeply miss them. I hope their African spirit will always stay with me.

Carved statues for sale covered at least a block!

Whisk brooms and rug beaters for sale.

Here are a few words from church today...from the African hearts:

*I was baking cookies and fell asleep while they cooked and they burned up. My friend woke me up and said "Mr Mormon!  You burned up your cookies!"  And ever since then I have been called Mr. Mormon.
*When we get on our knees we should pray 'Lord, change me.' (rather than change circumstances)
*God created YOU!  Don't put yourself down...you are His creation
*Heaven is not so far away.  Heavenly Father's spirit can be felt with us when we follow the principles of His gospel.
*Wisdom is of God.  Reading our scriptures and having the HG with us can give us wisdom that no man can give.
*I'm thankful for another testament of Jesus Christ and I have 3 messages to say. 1. Read the Book of Mormon. 2. Read the Book of Mormon. 3. Read the Book of Mormon.
*I joined this church and told my friend, 'if I die now, I will be with God.'  My friend asked "If you don't die now, where will you be?'  Then I realized it is not about the distance, it is about the direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment